The Truth Hurts

Some people want the truth. Some people couldn't care less about truth. Some are so threatened by it that they'll lash out at anybody that peddles it. I've had conversations with people with all kinds of different personalities and belief systems, discussing a wide variety of controversial topics. For a lot of people, for different reasons, the truth hurts.

My wife and I love to spend a lot of our free time researching various topics that interest us. We hunt for the truth on the internet, by watching documentaries and reading books. We look at things objectively and always keep an open mind. We examine both sides of and never jump to any conclusions. The one thing that really bothers me is when people develop opinions solely based on what others have said and don't do any research for themselves.

I've had brief arguments that I've pretty much walked away from because the other party wouldn't listen to reason. It really frustrates me when I put in the time researching and try to rationally explain my point of view to someone and they just won't hear it. I'm at the point now that I only share my newly found knowledge with my immediate family. It gets to a point where an individual can't exhaust any more energy on bullheaded walls and the act becomes self destructive.

There are many factors that I'm not going to get deep into, other than to acknowledge them. I'm not oblivious to the fact that there are a variety of reasons that people put up these walls. Society is structured and influenced to completely trust our governments and media sources. I recognize this and consider anybody that doesn't look at both sides of a story to be a zombie. I believe the "zombie apocalypse" is happening now and that it's simply symbolism for our apathy. The perpetrators rely on cognitive dissonance as a tool and that most of us won't wake up from our comas.

The truth is disclosed to us all the time through television, movies and all kinds of other ways. Those in the know rely on the fact that the majority of the public won't be able to follow the bread crumbs left for them. This process was an ingenious method from its conception in the 1950's. They know that the vast majority of the population will do their jobs for them by discrediting anybody who challenges the status quo.

I believe that there are many out there that know there is more to the story, but are possibly scared of what the truth implicates. Our whole way of life will change abruptly once we're all privy to the real truth. Many religions will be thrown into turmoil as a result. This will be an extremely difficult time for a high percentage of the planet. We all need to take the blindfolds off and work harder at becoming open-minded.

If you're someone who is open to change and have an easy time absorbing new information, help soften the blow to those around you that have more difficulty with it. The truth doesn't have to hurt.

I haven't really decided on a theme for this blog. To tell you the truth, I don't really want one. I'm just going to share information that I believe is important for my spiritual growth and hope that I can positively affect at least one reader.  Thank you for reading and remember to meditate!

                                                                                                                     Esoteric Wanderer






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dispelling the Ghost Box Skeptics